As part of our aim to establish strong links between school, parents and pupils, this section includes information about the curriculum we teach at St. Mary’s.
To all our pupils,
Every day at St Mary’s, the staff and governors are working to make sure that by the time you leave us:
- You will embrace each other’s differences and show kindness and forgiveness to those around you, journeying towards a shared understanding of God’s love for one another.
- You will understand how unique you are, believe in yourself and have confidence in your abilities.
- You will have experienced learning in many creative forms, though music and art , science, drama and debating. Through using the outdoors and practical activities, making extensive use of our: Forest School, Pond Life, Secret Garden, school grounds,local area and beyond.
- You will feel a part of your community and be proud of your school.
- You will understand the shared responsibility we have to look after God’s World and encourage others to do so.
- You will have a Growth Mindset and know how you can grow your brain through using your learning powers.
- You will know the importance of making mistakes and spend your time learning and achieving from them.
- You will know what it feels like to succeed and have achieved your very best
- You will love learning new things and want to keep learning more by being inquisitive and asking questions.
- You will know and understand friendship and have learned how to get along.
At St Mary's, we ensure our children receive high quality teacher and learning on a day-today basis, not only in our classrooms but also in the varied outdoor learning areas we have on our grounds. Our school places high value on the learning environment, both in and outdoors, that our children are exposed to every day. Through this approach, we believe we secure the best possible environment for children to grow and flourish as learners and people.